Hello to all the wonderful parents, guardians, and students of BCHS!
As the leaves transform into vibrant hues and the promise of fresh beginnings fills the crisp autumn air, we're thrilled to embark on September's mental health theme: Self-Reflection and Awareness. This month, let's embark on an inner journey to unlock the incredible power of self-awareness and the enchantment of introspection.
Resource Roundup: Cultivating Self-Discovery
Discover a treasure trove of resources specially curated for parents and students of all ages. These valuable tools will kickstart your voyage of self-reflection and awareness for the upcoming school year:
- 61 Mindfulness Journal Prompts For Students (+ Printable PDF) - Uncover the therapeutic benefits of journaling and guide your child towards self-discovery.
- Create a Me Tree- A Self-Reflection Activity - Use this activity to reflect on the unique things that make you – you, and the people and communities that surround and support you.
For more resources, check out the Self-Awareness page on the NLPS website.
Cultivating Self-Awareness: Guidance for Students
In the whirlwind of school life, nurturing self-awareness lays a sturdy foundation for personal growth. Encourage your child to explore their strengths, passions, and challenges, thereby fostering resilience and adaptability. As they embark on this exciting academic year, remind them that self-reflection is a superpower that empowers them to thrive in both their studies and life beyond the classroom.
Students, embrace the art of self-awareness for a fulfilling educational journey:
- Keep a Reflective Journal: Capture your thoughts and feelings within the pages of a journal, allowing self-discovery to flourish.
- Carve Out Quiet Moments: Dedicate time to contemplate your aspirations and goals, fostering a deeper connection with your inner self.
- Embrace Joyful Hobbies: Engage in activities that bring you happiness and lead you down the path of self-discovery.
- Seek Constructive Feedback: Welcome feedback as a tool for personal growth, understanding that it can be a valuable compass on your journey.
- Practice Empathy: Develop the ability to empathize with others, forging meaningful connections in the process.
Connect with Our Student Advocacy Counselor: Your Ally in Well-Being
If you have questions, need guidance, or simply want to have a conversation about your child's well-being, know that our dedicated Student Advocacy Counselor here at BCHS is here to support you. Reach out to Jenn Perepelitza at email@example.com or call 780-826-3366, extension 2808. We're committed to nurturing your child's path of self-reflection and growth.
Here's to a month dedicated to self-discovery, forging meaningful connections, and cultivating a robust sense of self-awareness. Together, let's create a masterpiece of well-being that will benefit our entire community!